Information Collection and Use
When and what Personal Information do we collect
When registering or filling out online contact forms on the Service or subscribing to a newsletter, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, residential address or location, credit card information, questions about your child’s learning levels, school year and other similar details to help prepare the teacher prior to the lesson or to help you with your experience.
Online tutoring sessions are recorded and used for quality audits and teacher training and are deleted after 30 days.
How you may access and correct your personal information
Under the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), you may be able to obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. The APPs provide some exceptions to your rights in this regard. To make a request to access this information, please contact us in writing to one of the contact addresses in the Contact Us section below. We will require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. We may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested.
We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Please contact us if you believe that the information we hold about you requires correction or is out-of-date.
We will endeavour to respond to written requests within 30 business days after a request is received by us.
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
All personal information collected by us is solely used to enable your use of the Service and for our associated business functions and activities. It may be used for the purposes of:
- creating and maintaining an account;
- collect payments from you;
- determining the current age of a child-user;
- sending surveys or marketing communications to inform you of new products or services or other information that may be of interest;
- dispatching transaction-related communications such as welcome letters and purchase confirmations;
- notifying the necessary information related to the Service;
- maintaining records and provide you with an efficient, safe and customised experience while using the Service;
- analysing overall trends to helps us improve the Service;
- performing quality audits and teacher training;
- furnishing your information to service partners and providers only to the extent necessary for delivering the relevant services (e.g. scheduling service and maintenance, providing emergency assistance);
- verifying your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorised or illegal activity;
- complying with applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device’s internal memory.
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart;
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits;
- Keep track of advertisements;
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. The Service may contain certain features that may only be available while cookies are enabled.
We employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service; For example, we collaborate with location service providers to send out emails, SMS’s and OTP’s to our customers, enable online live video classes for students and teachers and to also enable telephony across our students, teachers and support team;
- To collect payment from you – all our website financial transactions are handled through our payment services providers. We will share information with payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our Service;
- enabling you to avail of our Service, ensuring efficient customer care experience and developing new features;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in monitoring the Service and analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform users of this Service that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Disclosure and retention of personal information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We may also disclose your personal information if it is required or authorised by law, where disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety, Work, Health and Safety Investigations.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that we deal with reputable entities for the purposes of securely storing personal information.
We only retain personal information for periods required by law and/or our business operations. Otherwise we will take reasonable steps to securely destroy or permanently de-identify the personal information.
We will only engage in direct marketing practices in accordance with the law. You may contact email@example.com at any time to request that you no longer receive any marketing information from us.
Our Service may include links to other sites or offer third-party products and services. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Making a complaint
If you believe that we have breached one or more of our privacy obligations, your complaint (including a summary of the privacy concern or alleged breach and copies of any relevant documentation) shall be addressed to one of the contacts provided in the Contact Us section below. We will investigate the complaint and will endeavor to respond to you within 30 business days. We will take immediate steps to redress proven privacy concerns or breaches.
If you do not receive a response from us after 30 days or if you are not satisfied with the response, you can then lodge a complaint with the OAIC (telephone: 1300 363 992 | at www.oaic.gov.au).